To our fellow citizens of Michigan,
We are delighted to share that our chapters are now open for in-store service by appointment. We will also continue to offer curbside pick up, as well as home delivery where available.
The health, safety and well-being of people has been and will always remain our number one priority. Outlined below are all the steps we are taking towards infectious disease prevention and response in our Chapters and at our greenhouse. Our actions are in line with the directives of the State of Michigan, the MRA (Marijuana Regulatory Agency) and the CDC (Center for Disease Control).
WHAT WE’RE DOING IN OUR CHAPTERS
We are practicing social distancing
- Requiring all citizens (customers, patients & our team) to wear face coverings at all times when inside our chapters, with the exception of temporary removal for photo ID validation purposes
- Limiting the number of customers/patients inside at any given time to one per service terminal, with physical distancing markings on the floor in front of each terminal
- Keeping all Citizen Advisors in the chapter at least 6 feet apart from one another to the maximum extent possible, including reducing congestion of Advisor common areas and the staggering of meal/break times to minimize close contact
- Requiring all Advisors to wear gloves while in the chapter and limiting the sharing of items as much as possible, with sanitation between exchange
- Staggering Advisor shift start times, with cleaning & disinfecting supplies available at employee entry points, ensuring all have time to wash or sanitize their hands before commencing work
- Minimizing personal contact during deliveries as much as possible
- Encouraging all our team members to use face coverings on public transportation to/from work
We are cleaning and disinfecting
- Our Citizen Advisor teams have all been trained:
- To wash their hands frequently following the CDC recommended best practices
- To not touch their face; and to cough or sneeze into a tissue or their sleeve/elbow, immediately washing their hands
- On the proper use of face coverings
We are screening and monitoring
- Posting door signs & handing out flyers explaining customer obligations to self-screen and wear a face covering before entering the chapter. We will provide a face-covering to those who do not have one with them. If someone refuses to wear a face covering they will not be permitted to enter the chapter
- Daily self-screening by all Advisors, including a questionnaire covering symptoms & suspected/confirmed exposure to people with possible COVID-19, as well as fever monitoring by thermometer
- An Advisor is assigned as the infectious disease compliance monitor onsite at every location at all times, even when the chapter is closed and only Advisors are present
- Any Advisor with a confirmed or suspected infectious case can return to work only after they are no longer infectious as per the latest CDC guidelines
- Following state guidelines prohibiting discharging, disciplining or otherwise retaliating against employees who stay home or leave work when they are at particular risk of infecting others with COVID
- Avoiding non-essential in-person visits including tours, and restricting business-related travel to essential travel only
We are prepared in the event of a confirmed infectious case
- All our Citizen Advisors have been trained on our response plan in the event of a confirmed positive case (customer or Advisor) at one of our chapters; including:
- immediate temporary closing of the chapter (all or in part depending on exposure)
- sending Advisors home
- a deep cleaning & disinfection protocol
- notifying the local public health department, customers, team members, contractors, suppliers or anyone else that might have come in contact with the confirmed positive COVID case while at the chapter
WHAT WE’RE DOING IN OUR GREENHOUSE
Everything we talked about above, is also in an effect to protect the teammembers working at our greenhouse in Marshall MI, and to ensure the continued production of our safe, high quality cannabis for the people of Michigan.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Protect yourself and others.
The CDC (Center for Disease Control) is a great resource for the best way to project yourself and stay healthy.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
We’d love to hear from you. Please reach out to us at [email protected] or call one of our chapters.
SEE YOU SOON
Whether you’re brand new to cannabis or have been enjoying the benefits of cannabis for awhile and are wondering about the latest products, call us to book an appointment for a complimentary highly personalized consultation. There is no purchase necessary. We are delighted to be open again to work one-on-one with each person who comes into one of our chapters, assisting them in discovering the safe, high-quality cannabis products that best suit their needs; improving their quality of life during the current public health crisis and beyond.”
Stay safe and be well,
Your friends at Common Citizen